Section 48 Planning Act 2008
Regulation 4 Infrastructure Planning (Applications: Prescribed Forms and Procedure) Regulations 2009
Notice of proposed application for Development Consent Order to construct, operate and decommission the Thurrock Flexible Generation Plant, Tilbury Marshes.
- Notice is hereby given that Thurrock Power Limited (‘TPL’), of 1st Floor, 145 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 7LP intends to apply to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy for a Development Consent Order (‘DCO’) under section 37 of the Planning Act 2008 (the ‘Act’) to authorise the construction, operation and decommissioning of a gas fired flexible electricity generation plant and battery storage facility (the ‘Project’).
- The Project will include reciprocating gas engines, batteries, and associated electrical and control equipment. A new temporary access road and a gas pipeline connection to the gas national transmission system will be developed. The electrical export connection will be via underground cables to the immediately adjacent National Grid Tilbury Substation. TPL has been established by Statera Energy Limited to develop the Project.
- The main development site for the Project covers an area of approximately 18 hectares and is located on the Tilbury Marshes, just east of the existing Tilbury Substation.
- The proposed DCO would, among other things, licence and authorise:
- reciprocating gas engines with rated electrical output totalling up to 600 MW;
- batteries with rated electrical output of 150 MW and storage capacity of up to 600 MW;
- gas and electricity connections, access road(s) and minor public highway widening for delivery of large loads;
- designation of replacement common land (exchange land) and possible creation of habitat for protected species translocation;
- if required, the permanent and/or temporary compulsory acquisition of land and/or rights over land for this Project;
- if required, overriding of easements and other rights over or affecting land for this Project;
- if required, permanent and/or temporary changes to the highway network for this Project
- temporary construction compounds for the flexible power generation plant, gas connection and electrical connection;
- site drainage and waste management infrastructure and other services;
- the application and/or disapplication of legislation relevant to the Project, as may be required;
- construction, operation and maintenance of associated development;
- if required, the temporary stopping up of public footpaths during construction;
- such ancillary, incidental and consequential works, provisions, permits, consents, waivers or releases as are necessary and/or convenient for the successful construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of the Project.
- Due to the nature and size of the Project, TPL is undertaking an Environmental Impact Assessment (‘EIA’). The Project is therefore classified as EIA development under the Infrastructure Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017. As such, the proposed application for DCO will be accompanied by an Environmental Statement (‘ES’), which will provide a detailed description of the Project and its potential environmental impacts.
- Information compiled to date about the Project’s potential environmental impacts is contained in a Preliminary Environmental Information Report (‘PEIR’), which includes a non-technical summary. These documents will be available to view or download free of charge on the Project website (thurrockpower.co.uk) from 16th October 2018.
- The above documents, along with a ‘have your say’ document, plan(s) showing the application area and a Statement of Community Consultation will be available to view free of charge during the formal consultation period, from 16th October to 14th November 2018, at the following public venues (opening times may vary):
|Thurrock Council||Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL|
|Tilbury Hub||16 Civic Square, Tilbury, RM18 8ZZ|
|Gravesend Library||Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1BE|
|Chadwell St Mary Library||Brentwood Road, Chadwell St Mary, Grays, RM16 4JP|
- The above documents will also be available to view free of charge during the formal consultation period at the main offices of Thurrock Council at: Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL, telephone: 01375 652652 and at four public consultation exhibitions which will be held by TPL at the following locations and times:
|Gravesend||The Court Room, Gravesend Old Town Hall, High Street, Gravesend, DA11 0AZ||Tuesday 16th October 2018||11am to 8pm|
|West Tilbury||West Tilbury Village Hall, Rectory Road, West Tilbury, RM18 8UD||Tuesday 23rd October 2018||11am to 8pm|
|Tilbury Hub||Tilbury Hub, 16 Civic Square, Tilbury, RM18 8ZZ||Friday 2nd November 2018||11am to 8pm|
|Linford||Linford Village Hall, Lower Crescent, Linford, SS17 0QP||Wednesday 7th November 2018||11am to 5.30pm|
- DVD copies of the full PEIR will be available at the above public exhibition venues and may be taken away free of charge. Hard copies of the full PEIR and appendices may be requested and a reasonable charge up to a maximum of £500 will apply. Copy documents and/or PEIR DVD’s may be requested by emailing TPL at: firstname.lastname@example.org , or by writing to us at the postal address in paragraph 1, above, or by telephoning us on: 0207 186 0580.
- If you wish to respond to this notice and/or make representations about the Project, these should be provided to TPL. Please include your name and a postal or email address where correspondence about the response can be sent. Representations can be made in the following ways: website: thurrockpower.co.uk; email: email@example.com; Freepost to: Freepost THURROCK POWER; telephone: 0207 186 0580.
- Your responses will be analysed by TPL and/or their appointed agents and copies may be made available to the Planning Inspectorate, Secretary of State and/or other relevant statutory bodies in due course. We will request that your personal details are not placed on the public record. Your personal details will be held securely by TPL and/or their appointed agents in accordance with relevant current data protection legislation and will be used solely in connection with the consultation process and subsequent DCO application and, except as noted above, will not be passed to any third parties. If you are responding on behalf of an organisation, the organisation may be named in the Consultation Report which will accompany our DCO application.
Please note that all responses must be received by TPL by 11.59pm on 14th November 2018. TPL cannot guarantee that late responses will be considered.